• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

Thank you!

Started by SG Joey, 08 February 2009 à 23:44:18

Previous topic - Next topic

SG Joey

The 1st Benefit Crunching is over and I have just two words for all of you:

[:thomas:8]  [:thomas:8]  [:thomas:8]  THANK YOU!!!  [:thomas:8]  [:thomas:8]  [:thomas:8]

These two weeks were a great experience of crunching together across the borders of team interests and countries.
I liked it to look after the stats every day and I was pleased as a child when we were passing the Top10-teams at POEM one by one.

Have a look at what we've created...

Almost 600 members from countries all over the world joined Charity Team.
We had a daily output of over 1 million credits every day for 15 days.
The team has reached the 4th place at POEM@home with incredible 19,8 million credits.
And I'm sure that the 20 million will follow tomorrow. ;) A really GREAT milestone.

And one thing I know for sure: Sometime we'll do this again and I'm already looking forward to it...  :)

SG Joey

I would like to join to your congratulation, Joey.

I am sincerely convinced about the big success we have got with Charity Team and I feel very proud to have collaborated.

I have posted in my team's forum a translation into spanish of your post (I hope you don't mind) because many people can't read english well enough.

Best regards to aaaaall of you from Spain.

I left you here a link to your translated post in CANAL@boinc
http://www.canalboinc.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=10901#forumpost10901

SG-Digi421

Each and every one who took part in this huge endeavour can be proud of himself for being a part of something that has never been accomplished before.
20 million credits in just 2 weeks - solely accomplished by a handful of volunteers dedicated exclusively to benefit science - a truly amazing result.
But the most important thing was not science, it was the feeling of working TOGETHER, forgetting competition for a while, coming together to exchange information or simply to chat and to get to know each other.
I certainly hope we will repeat this next year and I also hope we can establish this charity crunch as a regular, respected and well-accepted event in the BOINC community.
A special thanks goes to the large number of people who contributed towards the organization of this event, by spreading the news on other teams' forums, by providing this very forum, by contributing their CPUs and of course, a huge thank you goes to Origin for providing these amazing and beautiful stats.  [:sg-digi421:8]  
So to every member of every team: Thank you, dank je wel, merci beaucoup, vielen Dank, muchos gracias, mille grazie, feicháng ganxiè (someone can continue this with more languages) :)

Meteore31

It was a good Race ! See you next year !

Config actuelle : Windows Seven Ultimate 64bits - Proc Intel Q9450@3,6Ghz avec Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - CV Gainward ATI HD4870 1Go DDR5 O/C + Asus 8600GT 512Mo DDR3 - CM Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi - 4Go Ram Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz -

starfisher

Many thanks to all of you.

I had a lot of works these 2 past weeks, but I followed the statistics. I have 1 word : "Fantastic". So many people working for this new team from so many countries. I'm really happy to be a part of it.
See you soon...

[:yada44:5]  [:yada44:6]  [:yada44:5]

jm@rc

whoooououuuuu! that was so exciting!
congratulations to all the participants! it was a great demonstration of Friendship!

see u soon!

:bounce:

FalconFly_NL

Sweet!! That was great fun

Indeed this could be done every year, it's nothing short of amazing what dedicated folks can accomplish in such a short time.

Black Hole Sun

I'm very proud to have been part of this great and unique event.
Every single participant in this charity crunch did something great in a spirit of pure donation to science.
Together, we created a warm community that gathered people worldwide, people from different cultures, languages and teams working together for a unique goal. Isn't this just great ? Hope this could inspire politics leaders sometimes...

Really looking for seeing you next year for another great event !

Thanks to everyone for making this possible !

aendgraend

Thanks for the Event, I'm happy I'v been a Part of it.

(My only Fear now is that Project Admins will disable Account Creation in a Years time to prevent their Servers from heavy Storms :D )

sysadm@nbg

Jippiiiieeeee
I´ve been part of it
Thank you all for this pleasure
Sysadm@Nbg

SG Joey

Thank you all , it was an honor to be with this group.
Now the question is , can we beat this next time ?

I sure will be there again.

h3px

very impressive :sol: many thanks to all of you :sol:

RLDF

congratulation to all of you, it was really exciting :)

SG Joey

This was really amazing.

Thank you all for participation in this event.
For me, it shows a great friendship between the teams and that credit comparison is not all even if i love it ;)

For all upcoming events of the Charity team, count me in!

SG-Puzzle-Peter

Quote from: 0For all upcoming events of the Charity team, count me in!

Me as well, it's been a pleasure!

Peter