• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

new here? - say Hello!

Started by sysadm@nbg, 27 December 2015 à 18:33:36

Previous topic - Next topic

sysadm@nbg

hello new forum member | bienvenue nouveau membre du conseil | hallo neues Forenmitglied

as one of the long-established  :gno: , I welcome you!  :hello:
tell us briefly who you are and what motivated you to support the Charity Event 2016

---

comme l'un des établie longtemps  :gno: , je vous souhaite la bienvenue! :hello:
Dites-moi brièvement qui vous êtes et ce que vous a motivé à soutenir la Charité Event 2016

---

als einer der alteingesessenen Mitglieder  :gno: , heiße ich dich herzlich willkommen! :hello:
Erzähl uns doch kurz, wer du bist und was dich bewogen hat, das Charity Event 2016 zu unterstützen

many greetings | à bientôt | bis bald
Sysadm@Nbg
Sysadm@Nbg

JeromeC

La charité c'est gentil :) ;) :p

2 issues :

- profile on poem website is showing last year's charity information and image and links (CSG)
- there is something weird with the character setting of this forum, always shows bad chars instead of french accents, I have to change the setting in my own browser each new page I display, and it won't remember the setting. Annoying.

Now I hope we're going to destroy all other teams RAC in the next 2 weeks !!! :D

modesti

Quote from: JeromeC on 17 January 2016 à 22:47:36
2 issues :

- profile on poem website is showing last year's charity information and image and links (CSG)
Unfortunately, the two admins cited are not crunching anymore. Maybe another admin can make the change. aendgraend, could you?

Quote from: JeromeC on 17 January 2016 à 22:47:36
- there is something weird with the character setting of this forum, always shows bad chars instead of french accents, I have to change the setting in my own browser each new page I display, and it won't remember the setting. Annoying.
The issue you mention appeared in 2014 when implementing a forum software update.
To solve the problem:
- you have to change your ISO8859-1 language to UTF-8 language
AND
- you have to change the preferred language to French in your profile
Last Unicorn of L'Alliance Francophone
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

Dirk Broer

Quote from: JeromeC on 17 January 2016 à 22:47:36To solve the problem:
- you have to change your ISO8859-1 language to UTF-8 language
AND
- you have to change the preferred language to French in your profile

The second is not needed: I see all quite clear with English as preferred language.

zOU

hello,

only 81 users participating, this seems low no ?

JeromeC

In firefox I have only "Unicode" or "Occidental" (plus a long list of different other), if I put Unicode (I assume UTF8 ? ) it doesn't change the issue, if I set Occidental it does fix it. However the next page I go in the site, or the next time I come back to the forum, it's bad again.

And I have french as preferred language.

modesti

(sigh) - I have no experience with Mac :'-(
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

JeromeC

The only web site that I know that behaves like this is here (re-sigh)

But then, not a terrible issue, isn't it ? :)

modesti

Maybe not terrible, but surely annoying
---

SEARCHER

Member of Charity Team

elgrande71

Hi all, I'll be back too .
Thanks SEARCHER  :kookoo: