• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

Charity race 2010

Started by fr@ntz, 24 October 2009 à 23:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

fr@ntz

Hello everybody,

I've noticed that the SG team has already scheduled to race from 18.01.2010 to 30.01.2010
http://setigermany.de/blog/2009/09/newsletter-54/

So we just have to choose a project to crunch together.
What are the criterias for a project to be chosen ?

al@ON

"Libre de penser... pensez Libre" :p   =8?()>

Black Hole Sun

sdw

Hi. The rules are Simple. The Project has to be Medical or Biological (maybe climate aswell?). Non comercial prefered, but like on Drug Discovery with its mix of comercial/non comercial, not recomended. Not to big as the Crunch should give the Projekt a noteable push.

What the Projekt needs to provide is: Enough free slots to handle all the new users and the Server/Network power to provide enough work. That need to be cleared with an Admin. Like we did last time on Poem. Maybe the Projekt can provide Special Charity workunits then, like Poem did.

At the moment my personal favorite is Drug Discovery. But it seem they are not able to handle such massive manpower we together can provide. As Poem is a German Projekt maybe there is a French Projekt that we could push next year? Well i hope my english is understandable. I'm a bit rusty ;)

Greetings from Germany AgentSchatten aka sdw

Black Hole Sun

Hi,

Rules for the choice of the project look nice.
To choose a French project, I guess we need to create one as none is alive :gno:

About the commercial issue, being a Charity race, the project statement concerning the results must be absolutely clear.

modesti

Maybe we could take the following charts to help us in our choice :

Biology : http://statsbzh.boinc-af.org/statut_projets.php?categ=3&pf=all&trip=desc
Ecology (climate) : http://statsbzh.boinc-af.org/statut_projets.php?trip=desc&categ=4

You can switch language at the bottom of the page.
Last Unicorn of L'Alliance Francophone
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

modesti

Hello :hello: is there anybody in there?

People of AF and SG are getting impatient about the choice of the project and so on...
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

aendgraend

Hi,

I've no Clue, who is the Organizer at the L'AF Side but I recommend sdw to do that for the SG participants.

With regards to the Project: My favorites are Docking, Rosetta, Malariacontrol or World Community Grid (where WCG would be my pet).

Reasons: most of the other Projects
- aren't stable enough
- don't have enough Work available (all the time)
- do not support the 3 Major OS (Win, Lin, Mac)
- have Workunits that run far too long for the Charity Crunch (although it would be interesting to see us all crunch just HADCM3 Workunits the next time :D)

But I'll be with you whatever Project will be chosen  :hello:

zwitschi

So we should quickly set up a poll about the project, I think :D

The ecologie projects all seem to have not enough/unstable work supply or too long workunits. So in my mind there should be a poll about these active projects from the biology list:

• Aqua@Home
  • Docking@Home
  • Malaria@Home
  • POEM@Home
  • Rosetta@Home
  • Superlink@Technion
  • The Lattice Project
  • UCT Malaria Control
  • World Community Grid

Last charity race I already had contact to the project admins long before the race started, so now we should hurry in order to give the projects time to react ;)

Black Hole Sun

OK, I open the poll here : http://forum.charity.boinc-af.org/index.php/topic,33.0.html

I removed Aqua from the list since it is not a biology project ;)

[SG] ronaldo

have Superlink@Technion enough Work available?
last time there was nothing...

sysadm@nbg

Quote from: aendgraend on 07 January 2010 à 11:36:27
With regards to the Project: My favorites are Docking, Rosetta, Malariacontrol or World Community Grid (where WCG would be my pet).

imho: On WCG will not be a race fever - only one stats-export a day  :cpopossib:

but i will follow the majority - wherever they will go...  :gno:
Sysadm@Nbg

JeromeC

Why not ibercivis in the list ?

elgrande71

Yes ibercivis could be a good choice too.

modesti

Probably because it is not a "biology only" project ;)
---