• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

Charity Race 2012 - shall we do it again?

Started by aendgraend, 19 December 2011 à 20:53:16

Previous topic - Next topic

aendgraend

The Topic is the Question...

Thanks to modesti from the L'Alliance Francophone who made me aware of the fact that we're already a bit late in organizing the Charity Race 2012. She's right, and I'm willing to support here whereever I can. But there are more People needed to spread the Idea, invite other Teams and - not the least important Point on the list, code some Stats for us BOINCers.  :D

The Year is coming to it's end, Teams are more or less celebrating their internal Races, participating on Project Challenges, or are just crunching as they do normally - and the Charity Race 2012 casts it's shadow ahead.

The Question is, does the vast majority prefer to just go ahead doing their and their Teams own thing as they are are doing the whole Year?

Or are we, the worldwide Community of BOINCers, willing to unite once more - after 2009, 2010 und 2011 - join the Charity Team and support a Project of our Choice, leaving our Home Teams for a specific time frame?

It's on you all to comment here. I hope that we'll see the Majority supporting that rather than bury the Idea of having a Week of Fun all together doing the same.

I'm looking forward to read your Posts.

Cheers
aendgraend

Deutsche Übersetzung:

Der Betreff is die Frage...

Mein Dank geht an modesti, die mich darauf aufmerksam gemacht hat, dass wir schon ein wenig spät dran sind, um mit der Organisation des Charity Race 2012 zu beginnen. Sie hat vollkommen Recht und ich unterstützte sie deshalb, wo ich kann. Aber es sind noch einige mehr Leute nötig, die die idee verbreiten müssen, andere Teams einladen sollen und - und das ist nicht der unwichtigste Punkt auf der ToDo-Liste - ein paar nette Statistiken für uns Cruncher zu basteln.

Das Jahr neigt sich seinem Ende zu und die verschiedenen Teams weltweit veranstalten entweder ihre eigenen, internen Rennen, nehmen an ein paar Projekt Challenges teil, oder rechnen einfach vor sich hin wie immer - aber das Charity Race wirft dennoch seinen Schatten voraus.

Die Frage ist nur, wird die Mehrheit lieber weiterhin vor sich hinrechnen wie sonst auch das Jahr über?

Oder sind wir, die weltweit verteilten BOINC Nutzer gewillt, ein weiteres Mal - nach 2009, 2010 und 2011 - in das Charity Team zu wechseln oder ihm beitreten, und ein Projekt unserer Wahl zu unterstützen, und dafür für eine bestimmte Zeit ihr Heimat-Team zu verlassen?

Es liegt an euch allen, euch hier zu äussern. Ich persönlich hoffe sehr, dass wir eine Mehrheit dafür sehen werden, dieses Race 2012 wieder durchzuführen, anstatt die Idee begraben zu müssen, eine spassige Woche gemeinsam das gleiche Projekt zu rechnen.

Ich freue mich auf eure Kommentare

Bis dann
aendgraend

PS: Please, modesti or anyone else from the L'Alliance to translate my Post into French. Thanks ahead.

modesti

Et voici la traduction française :
L'objet de ce sujet est la question...

Je remercie modesti qui m'a fait remarquer qu'il est déjà un peu tard pour commencer l'organisation du Charity Race 2012. Elle a tout à fait raison et c'est pourquoi je la soutiens comme je peux. Mais nous avons besoin d'encore plus de monde pour propager l'idée, inviter d'autres équipes et – et ce n'est pas le point le moins important de la liste des choses à faire – bricoler quelques statistiques sympas pour nous, cruncheurs.

L'année touche à sa fin et les différentes équipes de par le monde soit organisent leurs propres courses internes, soit participent à des challenges de projets, soit calculent pour elles comme d'habitude – et pourtant, le Charity Race s'annonce déjà.

La question est de savoir : la majorité continuera-t-elle à calculer dans son coin comme pendant le reste de l'année ?

Ou avons-nous, les utilisateurs de BOINC répartis dans le monde, la volonté de rejoindre une nouvelle fois – après 2009, 2010 et 2011 – la Charity Team pour soutenir un projet de notre choix et donc de quitter notre équipe d'attache pour une période déterminée ?

Il ne tient qu'à vous de vous manifester ici. Personnellement, j'espère que nous verrons la majorité soutenir cela plutôt que d'enterrer l'idée de calculer pendant une amusante semaine ensemble sur le même projet.

J'attends vos commentaires

A bientôt
aendgraend

Just one thing: the Charity Race lasts 2 weeks, not just one ;)
Last Unicorn of L'Alliance Francophone
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

al@ON

As the previous years I'm with you to participate at the Charity Race 2012.

Thanks modesti for the trad. :smak:
   "Libre de penser... pensez Libre" :p   =8?()>

infomat

As the next year, I'm with you to crunch for the Charity Race 2012.
:+1:

And Thanks to modesti for the trad. :smak:

Electron Libre de l'Alliance Francophone - ELAF

Mete_SG

Crunching for a better tomorrow!

-------------------------------------

How my camera shows me the world.

SEARCHER

:D "The same procedure as last year? – The same procedure as every year"   :D

As the previous years I'm with you to participate at the Charity Race 2012.  :+1:

Thank you modesti and aendgraend for this Thread.

:frenchy: SEARCHER
Member of Charity Team

ousermaatre

Hi everyone,

All crunchers for the charity Team.

Count  me to the next race.

sysadm@nbg

Sysadm@Nbg

peluche

cottesloe

Hi everybody!
I joined you to crunch for science!
I'm ordinary in the "Alliance Francophone" team but for the race, I'm with you  :moimoi:

"Je sers la science et c'est ma joie" Disciplus Simplex
Boinceur sous Ubuntu 11.10 64 bits et 12.04 Alpha1
2 Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 3GHz + 3 GPU NVIDIA GeForce GT240, 9500GT et 8800GT

aendgraend

Hello cotteloe,

You are more than welcome in the Charity Team. Everyone counts  :+1: :oki: :oki: