• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

Wisdom, Sagesse, Weisheiten.

Started by SEARCHER, 14 January 2012 à 12:34:45

Previous topic - Next topic

SEARCHER

:D On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.   :siflotte:

Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut. Das Wesentliche ist für die Augen unsichtbar.

:jap: SEARCHER
Member of Charity Team

modesti

Ah, our good friend Antoine de Saint-Exupéry :love: "The little Prince" should be mandatory for all children (and grownup children like me :D). I think I'll re-read it soon ;)
And I also love the animated series :love:
Last Unicorn of L'Alliance Francophone
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

SEARCHER

:D Actions speak louder than words.    :lol:

Die Tat wirkt mächtiger als das Wort.

Member of Charity Team

SEARCHER

;)  Today only for Duke ,          Portugiesisches  Sprichwort

:D Filhos pequenos - dores de cabeça, filhos grandes - dores da coração.    :lol:

Kleine Kinder - Kopfschmerzen, große Kinder - Herzschmerzen.

:D SEARCHER
Member of Charity Team

Duke of Buckingham SETI.USA

:D Nice  :D

Young children - headaches, grown children - heartaches.

Jeunes enfants - des maux de tête, enfants adultes - chagrins.

I hope that is correct. Thanks Searcher.

SEARCHER

:D It is foolish to fear that which you cannot avoid.   :lol:

Fürchte nicht, was du nicht vermeiden kannst.

@Duke   :D
Member of Charity Team

modesti

Quote from: Duke of Buckingham[TeaM] on 20 January 2012 à 01:49:11
:D Nice  :D

Young children - headaches, grown children - heartaches.

Jeunes enfants - des maux de tête, enfants adultes - chagrins.

I hope that is correct. Thanks Searcher.

That is correct, but in France they say : petits enfants, petits soucis - grands enfants, grands soucis (young children, small worries - grown-up children, big worries) :D

Sorry, I forgot the German translation: kleine Kinder, kleine Sorgen - große Kinder, große Sorgen.
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

Searcher had post that in the original. He knows German better than me.

Christopher Herr

Quote from: Duke of Buckingham[TeaM] on 20 January 2012 à 16:20:00

Searcher had post that in the original. He knows German better than me.
Yes, Duke, but modesti is as far as I know a professional translator and has by the way given the German translation of her French version of this proverbial saying, so as much as I hate to contradict you "in public", she is right...

:D So they both know German better than me and you know German better than me.  :cry:

:siflotte: Maybe you didnt understood once I was not so clear. Searcher had post that quote in German in the first hand that is not mine translation and gosh I dont want to be in a German language discussion between Germans. I am crazy enough without that and I have been punished enough by learning and speaking Portuguese. :cpopossib:

No, I am crazy but not so much, I would never correct any German translation. But I like a lot Searcher quote in Portuguese, thanks Searcher, modesti and CH. Obrigado

Duke :bouh:

modesti

:smak: Duke. Don't bother. There's no problem at all ;)
---

:love: Thanks modesti  :+1:

Forget History and History will repeat.

Miguel was today with me while I was at the computer and the GPU fan changed speed. He opened his blue eyes paying atention and got back to a nice sleep. I knew in that moment that he will be a cruncher. I am happy.

SEARCHER

:D All that glitters is not gold.   :lol:

Es ist nicht alles Gold was glänzt.

Member of Charity Team

SEARCHER

:cpopossib: Good Morning and Hello Duke ,

I was really very sorry for you , but I think you not see all by little Miguel as you work by your PC and you changed the GPU fan speed.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eXXn1YT1MHc/TaXtRS7kThI/AAAAAAAABio/ifkq3i_NHoQ/s1600/babyfinger.jpg   :siflotte:

:D SEARCHER
Member of Charity Team

Quote from: SEARCHER on 21 January 2012 à 07:44:24
:D All that glitters is not gold.   :lol:

Es ist nicht alles Gold was glänzt.

Nem tudo que reluz é ouro, Nem tudo que balança cai.

Duke