• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

Upcoming events 2009

Started by Plaguelord, 04 February 2009 à 17:23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Plaguelord

Hey folks,

the topic is the question. Just to know, what events are taking place in the 2009 BOINC world?

Best Regards
Plaguelord

JeromeC

I'm not sure I understand the question... ?

What kind of event, "charity team" related u mean ?

Or things like RAIDs by some teams ?

Plaguelord

I don't know just anthing that happens in the close future, like the Bunny Race at WCG in March last year or last year there was the POEM athon for the CASP challenge. These kinds of events.
I'm just curious.

Mete_SG

I just had an idea:

What about doing some "week-enders" over the year? What I mean with this is:

Choose a project
Join CT there any time on friday
Crunch for the Weekend
Leave CT any time on Monday

To me it sounds like fun. Just some "quickies" to keep the spirit alive.
Crunching for a better tomorrow!

-------------------------------------

How my camera shows me the world.

JeromeC

This is a very good idea and I fully approve !

The only point is I think we should "name" some members of each team to pass the word to their team because I'm not sure everyone will be coming on this forum very regularly.

And / or we could fix a calendar for the year so we already know when the actions will take place, and the forum would be the place for those interested to discuss the chosen project each time.

Plaguelord

I like the spirit on display here.  Competition is fun, but it is better to remember that we are all crunching for the same goal.  I hope you continue these Charity Crunches and maybe next time I will find the information in time to participate.  There are plenty of other big teams which might join such an effort.  

Cheers!

Mete_SG

JeromeC

This is a good point. I think the calendar idea is the best we can do. I think there should be an event-calendar anyway to highlight all the races and contests. Guess, this is what Plaguelord also wanted when creating this thread.

But first I will post this Idea to the SG-Board. Maybe nobody else wants these Weekend-CCs and only you and me would join..... ^^
Crunching for a better tomorrow!

-------------------------------------

How my camera shows me the world.

modesti

Last Unicorn of L'Alliance Francophone
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

gulu

good idea      [:al@on:5]
rien de grand ne se fait sans beauté
rien de beau ne se fait sans humour   - japon