• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

About the race : the how to

Started by Black Hole Sun, 09 January 2009 à 19:58:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Hole Sun

:hello:

How to participate to the Benefit-Crunching-Action on Poem@Home (24/01 - 08/02/2009)

When you register on Poem@home, or if you are already registered on this project, you will have to join this team to participate :
http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/team_display.php?teamid=863

Reminder : the Benefit Cunching Action will start 24/01, not before ;)

Quote from: SG-YamazakiThe Charity-Team will be launched 1 or 2 days before the beginning of the Benefit-Crunching-Action (24.Jan.)

If you already have an account, go to a)
If not, please create a new Poem-account, then go to a)

a) So at the 23.Jan. or so - please join the Charity-Team, start crunching  and let´s have some fun :)

At the end please don´t forget to leave the team.

http://www.e-techdoc.de/sg/charity6.png

best Regards

Additional note about credits
Quote from: Alexander Klietz1Since most people don't change teams every day, we might add:

"All credits you have achieved for POEM@home before joining the Charity-Team, will remain with your old team (and with your own account of course). During the Benefit-Crunching all additional credit for POEM@home will be added to the Charity-Team totals (and to your own account of course)."

Yes, I know, this is not about personal credits, but people do care about it, you know. :D Especially our friends from SETI.USA do...  :lol: ... sorry, couldn't resist.

Regards
Alex

Mete_SG

For the 2nd case I think there would be a chance to let people use the SG-Booster account if they do not want to create an own account. Do you have sth. similar @ AF?
Crunching for a better tomorrow!

-------------------------------------

How my camera shows me the world.

Black Hole Sun

oups :d

Set to the correct year now :ange:

SG-Yamazaki

Quote from: Black Hole Sun:hello:

Could we precisely definie how to join the race and how to setup our accounts to participate ?
1st case: the member already has an account on the Poem project
2nd case: the member doesn't already have an account on Poem

I (or aendgraend) will edit this post to transform it into a tutorial.

The Charity-Team will be launched 1 or 2 days before the beginning of the Benefit-Crunching-Action (24.Jan.)

If you already have an account, go to a)
If not, please create a new Poem-account, then go to a)

a) So at the 23.Jan. or so - please join the Charity-Team, start crunching  and let´s have some fun :)

At the end please don´t forget to leave the team.

best Regards
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws". Douglas Adams

Alexander Klietz1

Since most people don't change teams every day, we might add:

"All credits you have achieved for POEM@home before joining the Charity-Team, will remain with your old team (and with your own account of course). During the Benefit-Crunching all additional credit for POEM@home will be added to the Charity-Team totals (and to your own account of course)."

Yes, I know, this is not about personal credits, but people do care about it, you know. :D Especially our friends from SETI.USA do...  :lol: ... sorry, couldn't resist.

Regards
Alex

fr@ntz

Quote from: SG-YamazakiThe Charity-Team will be launched 1 or 2 days before the beginning of the Benefit-Crunching-Action (24.Jan.)

Hallo  :hello:

Why not create it right now ?

Black Hole Sun

I guess it it to avoid that members quit our teams too soon and start crunching for the Charity Team ?

Black Hole Sun

But I think it's no problem when someone wants to crunch for the Charity Team before 24th Jan although it's not the whole purpose. And joining a team doesn't mean that you have to crunch from that day on.  ;)
Furthermore we would have a good overview about the number of "Charity-Cruncher"...just my opinion.  :heink:

al@ON

Quote from: Black Hole SunI guess it it to avoid that members quit our teams too soon and start crunching for the Charity Team ?
Me I can it! :D
   "Libre de penser... pensez Libre" :p   =8?()>

gulu

Quote from: 0But I think it's no problem when someone wants to crunch for the Charity Team before 24th Jan although it's not the whole purpose. And joining a team doesn't mean that you have to crunch from that day on.  ;)
Furthermore we would have a good overview about the number of "Charity-Cruncher"...just my opinion.  :heink:
i think so too    :jap:

by the way : salut à toutes et tous - Gruß an allen - hi everyone
thank's for the excellent initiative !
rien de grand ne se fait sans beauté
rien de beau ne se fait sans humour   - japon

steiner

Is it possible to create the team "Charity Team" a few days before de 24 because as i mentioned in an other topic, i'll be on holliday from the 23/01 to the 31/01 but i'd like to crunch with you :)
And so i have to join the team before de 23 ...
I hope it'll be possible :)

See u soon :p

Mete_SG

Quote from: steinerIs it possible to create the team "Charity Team" a few days before de 24 because as i mentioned in an other topic, i'll be on holliday from the 23/01 to the 31/01 but i'd like to crunch with you :)
And so i have to join the team before de 23 ...
I hope it'll be possible :)

See u soon :p

Definitely. The team will be founded right after the end of the name-poll. So everybody will have enough time to switch teams.
Crunching for a better tomorrow!

-------------------------------------

How my camera shows me the world.

steiner

yoyo

Quote from: Mete_SGDefinitely. The team will be founded right after the end of the name-poll. So everybody will have enough time to switch teams.
Why is the team not create now?
The name can be change than after the poll.

This would make things easier for people who are not daily looking in dozen of dc forums.

Just my 2 cents.
yoyo

Black Hole Sun

The poll will end togay´s eve - I think it is fast enough to wait with creation of the team for such a little while...