• Welcome to Charity Event Forums.

News:

The Charity Event 2022 is over. Hope to see you again next year.
Das Charity Event 2022 ist vorbei. Wir hoffen auf ein Wiedersehen im nächsten Jahr.
Le Charity Event 2022 est terminé. Dans l'espoir de vous revoir l'année prochaine.

:kookoo: :jap:

Main Menu

When and what ? :-)

Started by modesti, 04 November 2010 à 22:43:20

Previous topic - Next topic

sdw

modesti

Last Unicorn of L'Alliance Francophone
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

lost68er

I thought about mopac@home for a moment, but it seems like it is not enough work available... :(
So, RNA is the project, I hope...
If there`s more need to talk with the project admins, do you think the Race should start at January 30.?

P.S:: Wowwow... got to buy more RAM for my Netbook :cry:. I think, the RNA System Requirements will kick out much of the older PCs... :/

Greets lost

lost68er

At SG-Boards is Malariacontrol.net coming up as an option....

What do you think about this?

Greets lost :D

modesti

Well, let's sum up the suggestions made:

When?
From Jan 30, 0:00h until Feb 12, 23:59h

What?
Presently suggested:
     RNA World [no checkpoints, risk of too long WUs]
     Ibercivis (biomedical sub-projects, see above) [almost no work except on Amiloide]
     Lattice
     MalariaControl
     mopac [hasn't any work at the moment, and when there is some work, it's not enough to race for 2 weeks]

If some of you could give some hints on Lattice and MalariaControl, I don't know these projects (yet).

Personally, I'd choose RNA or Ibercivis. But I'm not alone :D
---
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the computer will do as it damn well pleases. (Harvard's Law, as Applied to Computers)

netrider

i agree with RNA and Malariacontrol  :origin:

just look at my avatard to understand why  :lol:

Ryzen

I hope it will not be RNA or Malaria. These two projects need so many memory. I can't have any WU in RNA and for malaria, in my case the project use too much memory for the 6 core.

I vote for Ibercivis. But I'm open, if it's malaria I try to do my best! :siflotte:

For the period, I'm ok with modesti

fr@ntz

Ok with Ryzen...and Modesti  :D
ready, steady...go !

lost68er

I contacted Malariacontrol.net and got an answer as following:

Dear lost68er,

Thank you for your message, and offer to promote malariacontrol.net though the Charity contest.

We are currently in a situation where we would welcome a little boost, as we have quite a lot of demand for computing power. On the other hand, we had some performance issues recently which meant that we had to limit the workunit output. That seems to be under control after we have optimized the system configuration, and we expect that the server can deal with substantial additional throughput.
Note that the workunits are quite demanding in terms of their memory footprint. I hope this will not frustrate your members.
Best regards,
Nick
-
Nicolas Maire
Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
Dept. Epidemiology & Public Health
CH-4002 Basel
nicolas.maire@unibas.ch

So, I think, this will be the projekt...

P.S: If you read about the terms of Malariacontrol.net, you will (hopefully) agree that this projekt goes really conform with the "Charity" of the idea of Charity Contest... :o

Greets lost :D :D

modesti

One practical question to our admins: who will create the Charity Team on the chosen project?
Hasn't there been anything decided last year between aendgraend, Black Hole Sun and/or Origin?

Regarding the stats, I've contacted Origin by PM.
---

modesti

Well, now that "when" and "what" have been decided upon (update in the first post), let's make a nice logo for the race :D

@ lost68er : time to publish your work ;)
---

JeromeC

I'm no good at graphics, but here is some material :

Mmmm, maybe not politically correct...
edit BHS : removed image.

Mmmm, maybe too fun.

http://malarianomore.org/

lost68er

...I come up with this...

[AF>Libriste] e.clement

@lost68er : I like this image but it's difficult to read the URLs, good job !
I try to write English, I prefer French sorry

JeromeC

Yep, too much contrast with the blue, and the font for "charity" is too hard to read, but that's the idea !